Area Rug Spotting Tip – Pet Contamination
It is important when spotting to always test a spot in an inconspicuous area to assure that no color transfer occurs (common with some vegetable-dyed rugs). Slightly dampen some paper towels and place them on the rug underneath a weight. If no color transfer can be seen, you may proceed with the following spotting technique:
- Blot up the excess spill.
- Blot with water and a clean white rag.
- Spritz the spot with 50/50 mixture of Folex and Rubbing Alcohol.
- Spritz again with mixture of Folex and Rubbing Alcohol
- Place approx 8-10 paper towels on the spot and weigh down with phone book or some other item. Leave for atleast 3 hours or until dry.
- Repeat steps as necessary